The All Pond Solutions 1400EF External Filter with 9w UV
If you want crystal clear water and easy filter maintenance then this is the filter for you. The 1400EF+ External aquarium filter is suitable for tanks up to 600 litres. It is a canister style filter but unlike the internal Powerhead filters it can be hidden somewhere outside the tank. Water is drawn into the filter through an inlet tube and is returned to the tank via an outlet tube which is fitted with a spray bar to give added aeration to the tank water. It provides biological, mechanical and chemical filtration through several distinct filter materials in separate baskets. A built in UV sterilizer exposes the water passing through the filter to lethal doses of ultraviolet light killing or sterilizing many micro-organisms and prevents algae from forming.
You can see what people who bought it from Amazon.co.uk thought about it by clicking here. Unfortunately it is not currently available in the United States.
- Extremely quiet
- No unsightly filter inside the tank
- Provides mechanical, biological and chemical filtration
- Multistage filtering, the filter material is separated into a number of distinct filter baskets
- Incorporates a 9w UV system
- Much larger filter capacity than an internal Powerhead filter
- Easy maintenance – a drip free shut-off tap allows the canister to be moved away from the tank for cleaning without any spillage
- Water aeration via a return tube with a spray bar
- Filter media included
- Large size – over one foot high and 7” in diameter
Buy it Here from Amazon.co.uk
- Freshwater Aquarium Maintenance
- Freshwater Aquarium Filter Systems are Essential
- BiOrb Aquarium – Read This Before You Buy
- Aquarium Test Kits – How to Test your Aquarium Chemistry and Deal with the Results
- Online Store
Tagged with: canister filter
Filed under: Freshwater Aquarium Filters
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!